Olérdola is a municipality in Alt Penedés region. Olérdola has one of the most impressive parks in Barcelona province of 409 hectares.
Currently Olérdola area has a great archaeological and historical interest since it was inhabited since prehistoric times, through the Iberians, Romans and Christians. Olérdola city is walled and the first inhabitants of the area come from the Bronze Age. Years later the Iberian population also settled. In the course of the 3rd century BC, the Romans built an extraordinary wall with two towers to protect the city. They also built a 320 cubic metre cistern to store water. In 929, the lord of Sunyer built the city's present ruined castle. Today there we can find the Monographic museum where prehistoric, Roman and medieval samples of the place are exposed.
Already out of the walls, in the neighborhood called Pla dels Albats are located the ruins of an ancient Romanesque chapel and most important tombs of Catalonia of the 10th century.
Far from there, in Moja village is the Moja Tower, a tower built to defend the town. You can also visit Sant Esteve de Moja’s church, a Romanesque church built between the eleventh and twelfth centuries. In Sant Miquel d'Olérdola we can also find the Holy Sepulchre church dating from 1061.
Olérdola is well known for its vineyards and we have the option of visiting different cellars where cava or wine is made. Many of them have different styles, from modernist to baroque.